If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Anchorage. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but most drivers in Alaska have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Consumers in the United States could save roughly 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switched.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Anchorage can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have insurance now, you will be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Consumers just have to know the quickest way to shop for insurance from many different companies.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Cheap Anchorage car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need cheaper Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Anchorage. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Anchorage, click this link.
Facts and figures for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance
The price information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are calculated is important for drivers to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$398||$320||$18||$96||$1,036||$86|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$398||$320||$18||$96||$1,036||$86|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$346||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$224||$346||$256||$16||$76||$918||$77|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$224||$398||$256||$16||$76||$970||$81|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$224||$398||$256||$16||$76||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage prices substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Alaska minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado 3500HD book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Which car insurance company is best in Anchorage?
Choosing the right insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Alaska. The company rank data listed below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- The General – A-
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Anchorage Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- More policies can equal more savings – Lots of insurers afford better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Get better premiums after the wedding – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Costs can change based on your address – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when buying insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Alaska cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
Type of vehicle determines base rates – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Insurance rates and your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations like military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs like farmers, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Liability is peace of mind – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.