How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive Chevy HHR insurance in Anchorage? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Chevy HHR in Alaska could be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage on a Chevy and get the best price possible from Anchorage insurance agents and online providers.
How You Can Control Chevy HHR Insurance Rates
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
More performance means higher costs – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet HHR rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
The chart below compares Chevy HHR auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
You may save more by bundling policies – Most insurers will give discounts for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Careless driving means higher costs – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Even a single citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims drive up Chevy HHR insurance rates for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Job stress can affect premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as doctors, architects, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like actors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
High credit means lower premiums – A driver’s credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet HHR if you improve your credit rating.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate table below highlights different policy rates for Chevy HHR models. Being able to understand how policy premiums are determined can help guide drivers when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can change premium rates significantly.
Chevrolet HHR full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy HHR car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy HHR book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Lower-cost Chevy HHR insurance quotes in Anchorage
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used HHR can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get Anchorage car insurance quotes online.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Resident Student – Kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Anchorage car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy HHR insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include 55 and retired, premier plus, resident student, anti-theft, eSmart discount, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Anchorage.
Ratings for Alaska auto insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Anchorage. The company rank data in the next section may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Shop around and save
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced Chevy HHR insurance in Anchorage is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
How to find cheaper Chevy HHR insurance in Anchorage
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Anchorage. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper HHR coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More information can be found below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)