Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Alaska. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Anchorage is your goal, understanding how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage is not that difficult. Just about every vehicle owner who quotes car insurance will most likely find lower prices. Although Alaska car owners must learn how insurance companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Anchorage
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Anchorage Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- No Accidents – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- ABS Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you want the cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 rate quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Alaska. In order to find cheap car insurance in Alaska, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Anchorage?
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Ford Shelby GT350 insurance premium rates in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)