Have you fallen victim to an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Anchorage drivers thinking the same thing.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many drivers in Alaska could save roughly 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to find affordable Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage
The most effective way to get the cheapest Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Alaska.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like your driving record and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for ideas to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and uncover the absolute lowest price on Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes as often as possible because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. There are lots of tips to save on ILX insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to slash your auto insurance rates in Anchorage.
Getting a low cost price on insurance can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to physically go to and from local insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Alaska, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ILX insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Acura, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Acura ILX but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Alaska is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Save money on Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage with these auto insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current ILX insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Anchorage auto insurance quotes online.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Acura ILX insurance rates in Anchorage.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Anchorage auto insurance agent
Many people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Anchorage.
By using this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Anchorage who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Anchorage can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Anchorage that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are Anchorage exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Anchorage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
If you get acceptable answers to all your questions and inexpensive Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company with no way out.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Alaska?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Ratings for Anchorage car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurer is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Alaska. The company information in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Affordable Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting Anchorage auto insurance quotes online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find the cheapest rates for Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage
The recommended way to find more affordable Acura ILX insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices annually from insurers in Alaska.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. View rates
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)