Unbelievable but true, most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Alaska could save almost $370 every year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
The most effective way to find lower priced Acura TLX insurance in Anchorage is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Alaska.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases like careless driving and a negative credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Doing online quotes for Acura TLX insurance in Anchorage can be done by anyone as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price. Using the web to get quotes for Acura TLX insurance in Anchorage streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the cheapest price possible.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will be getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Alaska, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Anchorage car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Anchorage and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Anchorage Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, air bags, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, good student, student away at school, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Anchorage, click here.
Auto insurance in Alaska serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Anchorage, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Anchorage is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Acura TLX is worth?
- What policy terms are available?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Alaska?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Anchorage that give free quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Anchorage are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, you will want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Anchorage that can give you rate quotes.
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map